Sunday, November 29, 2009

I Did It!!!! Turkey Day on a Sunday???!!! Semi-Thankful too does that count?

First of all I need to update the Cuddles From the Heart for MI. We will be taking these blankets to U of M December 14th so I need all blankets within the next week. After I have them I will be taking them down and giving them to the hospital with Deanna Traxler a friend of mine, Sgt. James from QFAD/Heroes and Patricia Pierce. So get me your new store bought or homemade blankets to me within the next week. I also would encourage you to visit the Cuddles from the Heart blog with the link on the right hand side of my blog to see the other states give outs as I know Iowa's is going to be on Saturday.

Alright so I did it I had dinner a turkey one. It started yesterday at a Heart Family's house the Goodfellows. Monica made a great dinner and I was not alone in missing my child while I was there. When I got there Monica said that Faith and Ethin were saying Happy Thanksgiving as she had cut a potatoe and it ended up shaped like a heart. Faith is their daughter that had HLHS and earned her wings in January of 2006. Also there was another family there that lost their 14 year old daughter this past summer to cancer. We all talked about our Angels and no one was mad about it. All their names were mentioned...Hannah, Faith, and Ethin. They were all talked about and missed so much as we all sat together. I am thankful for my Heart Family!!!!

Well today I did dinner here however the prepping started last night. I think Ethin sent me a sign to tell me it would be OK and that he wanted me to enjoy Thanksgiving. Here is Ethin's sign an egg that I cut shaped like a heart!!

What are the chances? There are no coincedences this has to be Ethin!

Anyhow the rest of dinner was made today and it was served to 11 people that I have grown to love as my family. My friend Leslie came over to help and between her and I we did it all....Relish Tray, Veggie Tray, Apple Rings, Sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, corn, carrote, rolls, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, cherry cheesecake, pumpkin pie, apple pie, baked beans, Green bean casserole, deviled eggs, and baked beans....Here is the table with all the food that would fit on it!!! I had to leave some on the counters my table is not that big! LOL
So Lelie and I did it all except for the Turkey which my friend Tom came over and deep fried!! Oh it was late to the table, but it was good!!! Looks a bit delapitated, but it was great!!!!
And everyone ate I ate way to much this is my food minus the pumpkin pie that I ate!!! LOL Needless to say I am still full!!!
So dinner went well I am full and feeling drained. But I did it. I had Thanksgiving dinner without my sweet boy. I miss him so much and so badly wish he was here and can not help but think how different things would be if he were here. I am so thankful thought that I had Ethin and can not imagine my life if he never would have existed. I found this quote on Ashley's blog and want to share it is how I feel... "Most people only dream of Angels, I held one in my arms." So yes I am thankful for Ethin.
I wanted to share my Turkey day with you all, but I need to share other things to. I am thankful for Jessa who turned 8 today read the previous blog I wrote for her. I am also thankful for Jonathin and Jayde. My life would truly be a total waste if it were not for my children. My kiddos give me life. Though I love them all so very much and differently from another they do not fill the hole in my heart that I have for Ethin. All FOUR of my children make me thankful. I love them. I love that I have the Jtriplets here with me and my heart just aches for Ethin.
Yep I did it today and I am thankful, but now as the house is finally quiet and I sit here all alone to type this blog I am reminded of just how much I wish it was not quiet. I look up and Ethin's pictures are staring at me with those wide eyes. I look beside me and his monky is staring at me. I am thankful yes, but I am hurting is that allowed? I was not supposed to spend Thanksgiving trying so hard to find the things to be thankful for. But I am and I did not get to eat my meal with a baby in my arms. I miss my sweet boy so much.
Oh missing Ethin and him being in Heaven rather than here is so hard. I really have lately began to watch my life spin out of control. The worst part is I know if he was here it would all be so different. But He is not and no matter how hard I try to beat that into my head I can not accept it. I am to be thankful at this time of year and parts of me are, but other parts are so not. And parts if me accept all of this and other parts do not. I have found that again there have been times I "check" out. I am crazy!!!!
As I continue to try and find ways to get through all of this. I also found this quote and I guess I find it to hold true.
"A man who has lost his wife is called a widower.
A child without parents is called an orphan.
But what of a woman whose child has passed?
What am I to be called??? Once a mother of four? Once a Heart Mother??"

Yes what do you call me??? At the schools I am known as Jessa, Jonathin, or Jayde's mom. On the soccer field I am coach. In my home I am mom, but to the world I am a woman who lost her baby. I am once a heart mom. I am one the mother of four. I am the mother that can not pull herself together not even for her other children. I am a woman who is hurting deeply and everyone knows and everyone can tell. I am the woman that people are angry with becasue I can not just get over it. Yes I want to know what am I to be called??



What did I do to deserve all this
Tell me what did I do to never again give him a kiss
Why a punishment so extra hard
God you gave him to me and I was his guard
I watched over him just as you requested
Lord I gave him everything I could I was totally vested
You asked of me a job that would be very tough
How is it that what I gave was not enough?
Before he came crashing down to me I was already preparing
Father becasue of my warrior it was your story I was sharing
Yet some where I must have done something wrong
Becasue pain and hurt is now my broken heart song
So why me what did I do to have you take him away?
Lord tell me did you not hear my prayers and all I had to say?
Now as I cry these tears through this time of year I wonder
God do you see the storm and all of its thunder?
My punk is gone and you took him away from me
And worst of all is the pain that you knew would always be
You see I know we share something in all of this
However when your son died he came to you and his face you can kiss
So you knew the pain I would endure
You took my son rather than give him a cure
You left me standing here with empty arms walking all alone
God you are watching from your heavenly throne
Give him back I need him here with me
God I have come to you on my dirty knees
Please I beg you to take the pain that is in my heart
Show me a way to do this God just help put back the parts
Please wipe these tears as they fall from face
Know that Ethin wasn't soupposed to leave this place
Oh how I need him I know you see my pain
God give him back my loss should never have been your gain!
I know that there is no use in begging any more
Just please Father catch me I am hitting the floor
Since you have him there with you can you do some things for me?
Tell him how I love him and his face I long to see
God he likes to sleep on his belly against my chest
Make sure he knows that because of him I truly feel blessed
He likes to dance he loves to be held for a waltz
Make sure you tell him how perfect he is that he has no faults
God make sure you let him watch his sports and teach him to cheer
Please keep him safe never let him feel fear
Remeber he is punk so many times he will do things his way
Make sure he remembers at bedtime to always pray
God let him listen in from time to time he loved to hear me sing
Oh and teach him to find beauty in every little thing
Teach him the things that I did not get to do
You need to make sure that he has manners saying please and thank-you
Make sure he looks both ways before he crosses the street
And God please tell him when he left he took a part of my heart and his is now complete.
Jessica Twigg
11-29-09



Please pray for Logan and Derrick as they both have appointments this week! And I almost forgot Happy Thanksgiving to my little Iowa Heart buddies! Andrew and Logan this is for you I love you guys!!!!!!

P.S. Logan can you still talk to Elmo for me? I still need those directions!
Blessings,

Jessica

2 comments:

Stefenie said...

Jess,
I am so PROUD of you!! You did it...you made it through Thanksgiving and you were surrounded by people who care about you! {{{HUG}}}

I LOVE the Elmo shirt pic. I will have to show it to Logan when he wakes up this morning. I am sure he will giggle! Oh....he does still talk to Elmo from time to time so I'll make sure he gets the directions to Sesame Street for you! LOL!!

Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan
http://www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

Marina Olteanu said...

Jess,
"Most people only dream of Angels, I held one in my arms." I love this it is so true. You were so honored by GOD to have held an angel so many times in your life.
Marina