Saturday, November 28, 2009

8 Years Ago

November 29, 2001 I gave birth to my first child a girl. I named her Jessa Danyelle. This post is for her.

When I found out I was pregnant for you I was so scared. I was young and had just dropped out of high school. Then the first time I heard your heart beat inside of me I just knew that being a mother was the only thing I wanted in the world. That and I had to go back and graduate high school so I could tell you that you had to finish too. If it were not for you I am sure I would not have ever graduated. You were my driving force.

3 months into my senior I gave birth to you. There you were born at 12:01pm on November 29, 2001. You weighed 8lbs 13oz and were 21 1/2 inches long. They placed you on my chest and at that very moment I will never forget the way that unselfish and unconditional love rushed into my heart. I had tears that flowed down my cheeks as I looked at your face, counted your fingers and your toes. You were perfect in every way.

Jessa you are my first you made me a mom. Everything I would experience as an every day mom I did with you. You were my first baby to feed, change diapers, bathe, hold, and love. I really never knew life could be filled with so much. I graduated high school with honors when you were 6 1/2 months old. Leaving you to finish school was hard, but I had to do it for you.
Since that time those so many years ago so much has changed.

In the past 8 years I have watched you crawl, walk, and run. You were a happy baby and you are a happy little girl. You are much like me that you wear your heart on your sleeve. And you look more like me every day. You went from having little hair to a very full thick head of hair. You are also my very sporty girl. I have watched you go from dance and gymnastics to soccer and cheer leading. I have been fortunate enough to coach your soccer teams and cheer squad.

Jessa you really never cease to amaze me. You have a heart of gold and you are so polite and kind to everyone who crosses your path. Your love for God is the one thing that I hope you cling tight to your whole life. Your willingness to help others at your age is wonderful. I love that your heart is so kind. You are wise beyond your 8 years and you truly have always had an edge on learning.

When I had you my dreams for you were HUGE and they still are. Jessa I hope that you always do your best and never give up on anything. You have the ability to put the world at awe with your heart. I dream of you doing many things, but most importantly that you continue to love with your whole heart and you continue to use your heart in everything that you do. My hopes for you are high, because I know that you are capable of anything you set your mind to. You are going to great things.

Jessa 8 years ago I never imagined being a mother, but I can tell you I could not imagine my life without you and without you giving me the opportunity to be a mother. Continue to set a great example for your little sister and brother. You are a good big sister and they love you and look up to you so very much. I am very proud of you and very proud to be your mommy!

So happy birthday Jessa with all my heart and all my love, Mommy





HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSA
Some pics of Jessa in very random order Please Enjoy!!



Jessa Potter

GO NEWAYGO!!! Homecoming 2008

This past summer at the fair in Owosso

Hay Ride at Cran Hill Ranch summer of 2009

Jessa holding her baby brother Ethin
h
At the Zoo summer of 2009 feeding the birds

After swimming in the Lake at Uncle Izzy and Aunt Jessica's Summer of 2009

Cheerleading with confidence!! LOL
d
Jessa on September 20, 2009 before the QFAD/Heroes golf outing

Me and Jessa at Dave and Busters during our QFAD weekend

Jessa and I today

Jessa with her 2 of her 3 siblings

Jessa being a loving big sister from the start

Jessa and I in 2006

I love you Jessa

Jessa and I fall of 2008

Jessa Spring of 2009

Spring 2009

One of my fave pics Jessa spring 2009

Fall 2008

First Soccer season!!!!

At the museum when she was in Kindergarten

Jessa Summer of 2006

2nd Christmas


5 comments:

Stefenie said...

Happy Birthday Jessa!

Such a beautiful little girl Jessica! It was fun looking through her pics as she has grown up!

We are so thankful for all of our children but our first born are the ones that made us mothers.

Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan
http://www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Happy 8th Birthday Jessa!! Sending you lots of **Heart Hugs** and Blessings!!

Jessica, wonderful post!! =D
Enjoyed looking through the pictures of you beautiful girl!
Hope you had a pretty good Thanksgiving!

With LOTS of Hope, Love, and Faith,
Lauren

Blog: www.laurensheart.blogspot.com

Krissy said...

Happy Birthday Jessa!

You sure are a beautiful and amazing girl!

jacobcassie said...

Happy Birthday Jessa! It's obvious how much your Mom loves you. I can't believe that your 8 years old!
Love,
Cassie
www.thebradleysblog.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Jessa!!

You have such an amazing smile, I know it melts your mommy's heart. I hope you have a GREAT birthday!!

Big heart hugs and prayers,
Shannon
www.carolinacarters.blogspot.com