Friday, April 30, 2010

So Sorry So Busy!

How does life get so extremely busy??  I feel like I am just going, going, going; not sure when I will stop and then the little moments I do stop it is to much for me.  I am not sure how exactly this is all supposed to work, but I have mastered the art of Avoiding!  Yes the art of avoiding is how I have survived this far.
Life here is so different now than I ever imagined that it would be.  I think deep down inside I really thought on some level there would be parts that I recognized.  I guess there are parts that I do recognize like I know I am still a mom and I am coaching soccer, but emotionally I am not sure that I recognize it all.  I appear on the outside to be totally fine and then on the inside I am screaming and crying.  It is a painful process for me.  I also think that it is getting harder to put on the fake front.  I wish that I felt comfortable enough to really let it out like I do on here.
Ethin has been at the very front of my mind these days.  I am not sure why, but I think it is as I know I am moving that I am contemplating on what to do with his things.  A part of me wants it all back out of boxes, but then there is a pat of me that thinks it was so hard to get it there maybe I should leave it in the boxes.  However then I feel like i am saying that it is OK that he is in the boxes.  Is there a happy medium to all this?  I guess ultimately I think I will keep out what I find to be important.  The rest is safe where it is and in time I will figure it out.  I need a nice size shadow box!!
So last Saturday I went and celebrated Sofi's one year transplant birthday.  She is so amazing!  It was a mox of emotions as I sat across the table from her for dinner.  She was singing and talking and I remembered how a year ago we were all at the hospital together and I had built such a close relationship with her mom Krissy and Sofi.  Ethin and Sofi truly did a lot of their back and forth healing together.  The two of them really did not do anything without the other.  Sofi became very important to me and when Krissy would come home for a night I would go sit with her just as Krissy and Jenni had done for me.  I never doubted that Sofi would be celebrating this day, but I guess I thought it would be different than it was.  However I am sure that Sofi and I have a great bond as when she got there I bent down and she came right up to me.  After dinner she wanted to come sit and play with me.  I love her very much!  It was a very humbling day to see Sofi and celebrate with her family knowing she is alive because someone out there gave her the amazing gift of life and is missing their child.  We were able to sign a card thanking that family and just in case they ever read this.  Thank you for Sofi's heart she is vibrant, full of zest, and spunk!  She is a fighter and we all love her so much, my life is better beacause she is a part of it!
Also Saturday we had our first soccer games!  The new fields are awesome!!  The rain and wind was not fun, but over all a great day!!  I love coaching soccer and I have coached Jessa almost her whole career.  Jayde and Jessa played at the same time which was a bummer, but thankfully the board members took pics of all the games that day as we broke in the Pride Land Fields.  By the way my team the Screaming Dragons had a great game, we had a ton of fun, and we won!  Also Jessa scored her first goal of the season during our first game which totally rocked!
Jayde is the one with her knee in the air! 
 
Jayde is on the right side of the goal post!


Jessa is kicking the ball in this pic!
Jessa is clearly standing right there!
So also I have some great news.  Tuesday though it was hard as it was 10 months that Ethin has been gone there was some great news that came that day.  We met with a local attorney that we are hiring to draw up the Non-profit papers for Ethin's Heart Still Beats.  It looks like we will have our non-profit organization standing with the state by mid-June.  We now have to find an accountant to hep with the 501 3c status.  I am so humbled to see how this has all come together in only 10 months.  I am blessed beyond reason to see Ethin still working and surrounding my life with his amazing way of touching lives.  
Yesterday my friend TracyAnn came up to visit me.  She and I met at the Heart Ball in January and instantly had a connection.  I know that Ethin is the reason we met, but we share a heart bond too.  Tracy has a heart defect and her son also has one.  So we spent the whole day talking and visiting.  We went to the cemetery and visited Ethin.  Her love for God is amazing and it inspires me.  However if you ask her about me she says the same thing.  Though we have only known eachother for a few months our friendship is that of kids that grew up together.  She has truly been a blessing in my life and I am thankful she is part of my life.
Onto the business now!  LOL
Ethin's Angelversary Awareness Fun Day
Date:
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Time:
8:00am - 8:00pm
Location:
Branstrom Park
City/Town:
Fremont, MI
This day is filled with fun stuff for everyone. We are having a double elimination coed softball tournament, a 5k and 10k walk/run, at will donation picnic, games for kids. The park has a pavilion that we will be under for heart families to have a place to rest their kiddos. There is a playground for kids and a small stream.
Softball Tournament: $50 registration for your coed team. You are responsible for your own team shirts if you want them. There is only enough room for 7 more teams to enter. This will be a double elimination style tournament. There will be a HR rule. Registration for the tournament needs to happen by July 10, 2010. The tournament will begin at 9am on July 17.
5k & 10k walk/run: $15 registration for either run. This includes your registration and a t-shirt. YOu will be winding yourself through beautiful Branstrom Park. Pre-Registration would be a bonus, but otherwise registration the day of starts at 8 and the run will begin at 10.
Food will be provided for all. We are asking that you just give a donation for the food. CSK Catering has once again volunteered to take on the task of preparing us a tasteful summer style lunch.
Free games for kids will be set up through out the park. There will be raffles through the day as well. Awards Ceremonies will be as soon as the Softball tournament is done.
We are really looking forward to hosting this annual event this year and can not wait to allow Heart families and the community to come out and support the event!
For information or to register call Jessica Twigg 616-634-3029 or email EHSB at chdhlhs09@yahoo.com
I hope to see you all there!!!

OK if your child was honored at the Lions Have Heart Basketball Game in Feb you should all have your shirts now and what I need from you all is a pic of your child front and back wearing that shirt.  If your child was played in memory of I need you to email me a pic of your shirt however you want it to be with the shirt and I need permission from all to give a copy of your child's pic to the young man who played for your child.  I need these ASAP as we are preparing them as a gift to the player.  Here is an example of what we are doing with them this is the one that is going to Justin Parker who played for Jordan Snyder!


OK I am being beckoned I have to get moved this weekend and everyone is ready to go eat lunch so I must close this.  I hope to try and write again soon, but please I need Meet Me Monday questions!!  comment them here or email them to the above email address!
Also I got a new program and have been playing around with it so I want to share this with you and encourage you to visit the photraghers website that took the picture for me.  Kristyn LaPres Photography

May you all find a piece of God's Grace today the weather in Newaygo, MI is amazing!
Blessings,




1 comment:

The Duve Family said...

Jessica,

You are doing such great things in Ethin's honor. He must be so proud of you!

Jesi Duve