Thursday, April 8, 2010

Poetic Thursdays

So here it is another day given to something.....My poems!

Remembering It All
It's recalling the last time I seen you alive
Now I wonder how I'll survive
I remember it all way to well the way it went down that day
The nurses voice, the commotion in the background, exactly what the doctor had to say
I begged and screamed for them not to give up on you please do everything you can
I wasn't ready to watch you go I wanted to watch you grow into a young man
Forever I'll remember how the last time I held you and you weren't there
Dam it you were gone it was painfully cruel and completely unfair
A ride home I don't remember to plan a funeral I never wanted to see
Picking out flowers, caskets, music, verses, I hate that things weren't meant to be
It was finally the day I dreaded for the last six that had passed
Knowing I had to say goodbye some lives aren't meant to last
Saying those final goodbyes watching a lid take it's resting place
With tear filled eyes it was realizing never again in this life would I see your face
Sitting in the church the service was beautiful that's what many said
Trying to keep hold of myself most of the time just picturing you in my head
Four men came forward with somber faces, tears in their eyes, and firm hands to carry you out
Into the van you went tears rolled down my face inside I was screaming I wanted to shout
A row of cars all going to the same place it was clear where you were to be laid
My friend held my hand as you were placed over the hole I prayed you weren't afraid
A few more words spoken people all hugged me it was time to put you to rest
I was mostly alone as I said my last goodbye and wept promising I loved you telling you how you were the best
I looked back two men were standing there and with a nod of my head they came forward and lowered you down
Tears fell from my face that day and soaked the ground
Nine months later and I remember it all like yesterday 
Nine months later and I still miss you so much and wish that it wasn't this way

Jessica Twigg
March 8, 2010

No comments: