Monday, May 31, 2010

A Marvelous Memorial Meet Me Monday

Let's start with the Marvelous Monday part....A blog friend Rachel started this after she lost her triplets as a way to find something positive in the day.  Marvelous Mondays are all about being thankful for something anything!

So today I am thankful for my sister, cousin, and friends that are in the military!
My cousin Nathan Active Duty Army, My sister Krista Honorable Discharge Army.

My friend Jimmy active Duty Army
I am thankful for my grandpa who was a WWII veteran in the Army.  On Memorial Day we should be thankful for our Civil Service personnel and I am very thankful for the cops, firefighters, and EMS personnel that give so much up for us.  Yes I am thankful for all those that serve this country here or across seas.  

Meet Me Monday
I started Meet Me Mondays as a way to get away from blogging about my grief all the time and since I had already opened up myself to most of my personal feelings I thought it would be nice for people to get to know me.  So here we are on Meet Me Mondays....If you have a question email it to me at chdhlhs09@yahoo.com or leave it as a comment and I will answer it!
What is your Favorite thing to do in the Summer time?
This is an easy question...Matter of fact I just got home from doing it this weekend already!  I LOVE to camp!  I do the whole tent thing with an air mattress of course, but I love camping.  I spent most of my summer last year in the tent by myself and with the J Triplets.  They also like to camp.  Jessa was 9 months old the first time I ever took her camping.  I would seriously live in my tent all summer if I could!

What's your Favorite Holiday?
My favorite holiday is the 4th of July.  I love fireworks, grilling, and normally I camp through that week.  In Michigan there is a place here called Grand Haven and they have musical water fountains and I like to go there and watch.  I also enjoy the parades that surround the 4th.  It is also a holiday that does not require anything besides just relaxing and enjoying it.

I had a good weekend with some great friends.  It started Friday night with a double header in softball we lost both games, but we had fun playing.  From there I went to the campground and just camped all weekend coming home today.  Sadly my weekend ended with some bad news.  Saturday one of the board members from EHSB was T-Boned by another vehicle who was on his cell phone and ran a stop sign.  Thankfully they are all alive.  Please pray for them all though as they have bumps and bruises and her son has over 100 stitches between his face and head and a broken nose.  So for the last month I have been DJ'ing and hosting karaoke at a local Pub.  Last night the owner who is one of my bosses there died in a car accident.  I guess somehow I just can not grasp how much death has surrounded my life in the last year and a half.  I also feel like my summer is already starting out on a bad note.  Last year it started out awful.....My prayer is that it will not be that way this year.
Blessings,




   
 

No comments: