Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Stressed

Alright sorry there has not been an update lately things here are feeling crazy with the ball coming up on Saturday.  I truly am so stressed about it that I can not wait for it to be here so I can not stress anymore.  Not to mention I have yet to write out my welcome and my Good noght speech Maybe I should find takers for that!  LOL  So I got the definite email today that Ethin's surgeon will be at the ball!!!  I am pretty excited to see her and the other doctors too.  Also there are a few heart families coming and friends.  There will be an illusionist there too.  I am very excited!  That night will be a good night no matter how it turns out! 
So I guess it appears that I have the world's worst cold!!!  I am supposed to be able to practice dancing the Waltz which I did yesterday for 2 hours and my body is thanking me today, but I feel like ucky!!!  I can not shake the cold. 
OK so something else that is weighing heavy on my mind lately is obviously Ethin's 1st birthday is fast approaching and I am just feeling so down about it.  I keep thinking that I should be getting ready to have a big birthday cake not a prime rib dinner!  I should be wearing jeans and  t shirt in case he got cake on me not a ball gown.  Nope there will be none of that normal stuff.  I miss him so much and am tired of crying myself to sleep lately.  Not sure why it all hits me at night, but it does.  When I am all alone and there is no one to rescue me from it. 
So there is more too.  This month is so full of all the kids I love having caths and open heart surgeries.  And the worst part is that I am so far from all of them that I can not even put my arms around there moms and sit there with them.  I just hate that Heart Defects exist.  I hate that they control so much of so many lives of those I love.  An awkward thing how connected the phone, blogs, and emails have made so many of us.  Just please keep all these kiddos in your prayers as between now and the next two weeks they are all having surgery.....Logan, Derrick, Brycen, and Jordan.....And Andrew has his heart cath.
I have so many more things to say, but can not seem to get the words from my head into the blog.  My heart hurts my head is pounding and the Nyquil is calling my name! 
Blessings,
Jessica

3 comments:

Stefenie said...

Jess,
Hang in there!! I know you have a lot to deal with at one time with the heart ball and Ethin's birthday. Thinking of you and saying extra prayers.

{{{HUG}}}

Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan
www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

Jen said...

I think the ball will be a wonderful way to celebrate Ethin's life. Jess you have worked so hard, as difficult as it will be, try to just take some moments that night to sit back and relax and enjoy yourself. You deserve it. We'll be sending prayers that you will have peace, especially in the evenings when things get a little tougher...

Hope you get to feeling better!

Jen
http://www.thehuegelfamily.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

The ball is going to turn out beautifully, I just know it. I wish we could be there...hopefully next year!

We'll be praying for you extra hard over the next few days. I'm sure they'll be difficult, but like Jen said, take some time and enjoy yourself. Ethin would want you to, and you deserve it!!

Big heart hugs and prayers,
Shannon