Sunday, January 10, 2010

Drained!

Warning turn off the music on the right to listen to the music that will play with the Video montage

Well I am feeling a rush of things right now so this update may not be all that you are hoping for.  Who knows maybe it will be everything you are looking for though.  I do not have a complete amount for the heart ball, but I would be willing to hear all your guesses!!!
So Friday I set up the hall for the ball.  I was there from 9:30 in the morning until 10:30 at night except for the hour I had to go to therapy.  Saturday I woke up and seriously debated whether or not to stay in bed all day and skip the whole day and night or not.  At that point I knew if I did not show up for my hair appointment it would not be long and there would be someone knocking on my door or breaking down my door.  So I walked out of my house and the sun was so bright that I just trucked through the day and made it to the ball and through the ball.
So now may be a good time to speak about the ball.  The ball was great.  We had amazing food!!!  The doctors were late and I was worried!!!  I was so scared that they were not coming and then into salad they showed up and so did Ethin's pediatrician.  So mid salad I gave a welcome and Dr. Byland prayed.  As dinner finished Tom Coverly was introduced and he entertained us for a little bit.  He is an illusionist and a good friend of mine.  His girlfriend is equally amazing as she is a CHD survivor!  Immediately following we showed this video.  This is the video that most of you all helped to create so I thank you for that!!!  Contact me if you want a copy please.
  From there I introduced Dr. Bryan Goldstein and he spoke.  Bryan was a very important provider for Ethin during his stay and honestly I was so honored that he agreed to speak at the Heart Ball.  His speech was very factual, but it had so many personal touches to it and I am sure t one point I thought he was choking up a little.  He recalled when he had to sit in a room with me a month after Ethin had passed away to talk about what had happened to my son.  He remembered me saying that something good would come of this.  Well I hope that he was able to walk away last night and know that I meant what I said that day.
  I will say more about the ball when I get all the pictures, but here is one picture that I hope to use for the paper.

 From left to right the docs from Mott:  Dr. Mark Russell, Dr. Jenna Hirsch, Myself, and Dr. Bryan Goldstein

Then today I woke up and went to church.  On the way to church I stopped and picked up one of two birthday cakes for Ethin.  The first went to church for everyone there.  It said Happy 1st Birthday in Heaven Ethin.  Then after church I went with Deanna and Carrie to clean the hall.  From there it was lunch and from there dinner with Ethin's Godparents to have cake for Ethin and sing happy Birthday.
I am sure it was at this point that everything may have started to hit me everywhere I had hoped it wouldn't.  Started with the song.  and then from there went to my own sister telling me I was not allowed to cry!  Really are you flipping kidding me!!???!!!  She made me so angry.  I did however have a great time visiting with Mandy.  She has always just been one of those people that I love to be around.
Needless to say overall what has now happened is that I really have nothing left anymore.  I am alone and I am emptied right out.  I have no reason that I need to be all poised and held together.  I am so empty inside and the reality is I feel so alone it.  I have put on a happy face and pushed myself and I am now past his birthday and realize I do not have a picture of him all messy with cake, but a complete emptiness inside my heart.  I just want my son!  I want my baby boy in my arms.  I want a smiley little one year old boy that is standing up and saying "mama" when he wants me or needs me.  Instead I have just memories and I hear myself sobbing for him.
So what do you do when the adrenaline is gone and you are in the pit?  I have so much to do yet and can not find my bearings to stand up and be all right with everything that is happening again.  All the emotions I am feeling!  Oh Ethin I miss you........So much.
Here is a picture I made on Thursday night.............Blessings, Jessica

8 comments:

A Time To Remeber said...

the video is great... you did a wonderful job on it..

I hope you don't mind but I have posted Ethin's site in awareness of CHD on Facebook.. my goal is for everyone to keep posting it in hopes somehow it will reach you.. Knowing he's reaching more people then you could ever know.. My thougths and prayers are with you... again Happy 1st Birthday Ethin and may God hold you high..

Stefenie said...

Thanks for sharing the pic from the Heart Ball. I am sure it was an incredibly hard day for you yet rewarding to see so many people there supporting your cause.

Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan
www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Dear Ethin...Happy birthday little man. Your mama and everyone that knew you miss you terribly. But your mama is so so sad..if she only knew how happy and healthy you are in the hands of God, I hope it would give her peace and joy so she could be happy and be there for your brothers and sisters....I guess it's heart-breaking to hear she has nothing. She has them..I know, I had others too. to the most loved and sadly missed little man

Malory said...

What an amazing this you did in memory of your son. Its hard when things are over & all you are left with is the pain & no more distractions. I find those to be some of the worst times. Your baby boy is looking down on you & he will help you get thru these moments. He is so proud of his mommy right!

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
What a way to honor your son on his first birthday! You should be proud of yourself and what you have done for him. Continue to honor him throughout the year by being the inspiration to other CHD families. My thoughts and prayers are always with you as I check your blog daily. Can't wait to see more pictures from your successful event!

Janel Lentine
Jillian's Mom (HLHS)
CP: JillianJanel

Rhonda said...

I just want to say Happy Birthday to a dear and sweet baby...he was here for a short time but he has touched a lot of people in his short time and he is going to touch a lot more!! You will see him again mommy and it will be for an eternity. I love that you made this heart touching video for your baby. I cried tears for all of the families involved and you sweetie. You be strong for your other babies and you will make even more of an impact in this world. I will pray for your strenght and will..Take care and be well...

Shannon said...

That's a great picture! :)

The video, of course, made me cry. I can watch until I come to Derrick...then I lose it! I guess that's part of the point though, right? I'm sure most people have a hard time seeing all of those precious children. You did a great job.

I've been thinking about you a lot. If you need ANYTHING, call me.

Big heart hugs and prayers,
Shannon

Montgomeryclan said...

What a beautiful video. Thank you for including my Sophia. Prayers are going out to you everyday.