Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Ethin

Today is the day that I am not sure if I wanted  it to come or am dreading it.  A year ago today there was a life that came crashing into this world.  He was smaller than any of my other children by 2 whole pounds and he had a very special heart.  I named him Ethin RaiLuc.  I suppose most people are always asking how I got his name and so this is how it all came about.  I picked out 4 names that I liked: Jonah, Jonas, Ethin, and Eziekel.  I then asked my J Triplets to pick one of those names.  They picked Ethin and that is why he did not have a J name.  Then my friend Rachel who we all call Rai had asked me if it was  girl to name the baby after her I sadi yes I liked Rai.  Her husband thought he would get in on that fun and said if it was a boy I should name it after him.  Once I found out it was a boy I just put their names together and got RaiLuc.  So Ethin RaiLuc it was and I really fell inlove with his name right away.
Ethin's birthday is today my sweet baby should be one today. 

Dear Ethin,
  I am so very proud of the things you have done.  I am so glad that God chose me to be your mommmy.  You changed my life so much.  You changed so many people.  Today is your day that we will celbrate your life.  You really are the reason for so many things.  You have been a light to this world and to my whole life. 
  I hate that you are not here with me today, but I bet your party in Heaven is way better than anything I could throw for you here.  Though your life was short I just know that the things you will be a part of will be forever long.  You will always touch lives and your heart is still beating in all of us. 
  I love you Punk Always, Mommy


Just for the record this was not the type of mother I thought that I would be.  I never thought I would be the mother who was saying happy birthday to Heaven.  I miss him so much and can not believe he is not here.  But he is here in my heart and so many others.  May you all go outside today and feel him kiss your faces with the sun's warmth.  I know that I did.  The sun here is so bright and warm on me today that I can feel him kissing my face and hugging me. 

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Ethin!!! You will be in our hearts FOREVER! You did so many great things while you were here on Earth; things that will carry on for a long, long time. You've touched an incredible number of people's hearts and given hope to your heart brothers and sisters who are still here fighting.

I know you'll have a fantastic birthday party in Heaven. I hope your mommy has a good time at the party she's throwing here for you, and I hope that somehow you can show her that you're safe and happy with Jesus.

Enjoy your birthday, sweet Ethin. We miss you and love you always!

Big, BIG heart hugs and prayers,
Justin, Shannon, and D

A Time To Remeber said...

Happy 1st Birthday Ethin.. may God hold you high.. you and your Mommy are in my thoughts and prayers..

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Ethin! You are such a special little boy who has touched so many lives. I know your celebration with Jesus will be amazing.

Jess, we are praying for peace for you today and always.

Heart Hugs!
Jen, Craig & Andrew
http://www.thehuegelfamily.blogspot.com

Stefenie said...

Happy Birthday Ethin! I am sure you had the best party ever in heaven yesterday! Thank you for the sunny day for your mom. I know that it brought her so much comfort feeling your bright light shining down on her.

You are such a special little boy and I wish that I could've been able to meet you in person. I am so thankful that you led me to meet your mom. She is a very thoughtful and caring person who would do anything for anyone. I know that she will carry on for you and keep doing amazing things to honor your life.

Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan
www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com