Monday, March 7, 2011

Meet Me Mondays

Welcome to Meet Me Mondays!!!  I am so excited!!!  I have missed doing the meet me Monday posts as they were just a way of not writing about everyday life!  And I love for people to get to know me!  So here we go with the two Meet Me Monday questions!!!

What is your favorite Bible verse?
I for years had one Bible verse that I just loved and it is the one posted at the top of my blog.  Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have in store for you," declares the Lord, "Plans of good and not evil to give you a future and a Hope!"
This Bible verse was given to me my senior year of highschool as a way to get me to "see" God's plan by a family I went to church with at the time.  When I read it I fell in love with it and realized that God ultimately had every intention of me succeeding in life!  What a wonderful promise that is to hold onto!!!
A very close second to this verse however is Joshua 1:9 which says, "Be strong and corageous, do not be terrified for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you are."  I had never heard this verse or read it until I had Ethin and after that it was another way for God to assure me that I was NEVER alone and for Ethin it just spoke volumes!  
Though these are my top 2 there are many I love and I encourage everyone to really look at these verses specially the first one and just feel God speaking to you! 

What is it like coaching your children in sports? 
It is like being the ultimate mom!  I have coached Jessa for 9 seasons of soccer and I truly loved it.  Last fall I coached Jayde for the first time and well some of your kids you can coach and others you should not.  I have never got to coach Jonathin.  However in coaching too it is a great feeling to have the trust of other children and to teach them something fun and physical!  I also love that when coaching I am given the oppurtunity to teach kids about being a team player, good sportsmanship, respect, self worth, & skills!  Kids are truly just fun to be around and it normally will bring out the best in you.  Sadly last fall was my last season of coaching soccer as life is just to busy to continue to do so and my kids are all done playing soccer as they are moving onto different sports.

As I close this update I would love for you all to share with me your favorite Bible verses. PLease comment your Meet Me Monday questions for upcoming weeks! Glad to report that my first day as a manager went well!!! 

Blessings,
Jessica

1 comment:

jacobcassie said...

Yay for manager training! So glad that it went so well. :)

My favorite verse is also Jeremiah 29:11.

Love,
Cassie
p.s.-Have I told you yet that I LOVE the new blog design. ;)