Saturday, March 12, 2011

I Am Just Beat.....

Well this week was long and full of things for me to learn.  I started my training at work for the midday/shift manager position that I was given.  I was so nervous on onday when I showed up to work that I was not even sure what I was doing at all.  Needless to say that by the time the day was done I not only survived but felt that I did a good job.  Tuesday was another long 10 hour day, but when it was done I again walked away feeling satisfied with my job and the decision to acept the oppurtunity to move up.  Now here it is Saturday night and I have completely survived my first week of training.  My job rocks!
Monday was busy not just with work, but also with life.  The kids all had their conferences for school on Monday.  Jessa's was first and that girl is doing great she is amazing.  She is in 4th grade and reading at the level of a 6th grader.  She is like 10 points away from being an independent reader at school.  Then I went to Jayde's conference....well Jayde has mastered everything that she needs to for the year, but hr behavior is a bit on the rough side as well as she would do much better if she always applied herself.  Jonathin is reading right where he should be his math is great and his teacher was very proud of how well he is doing too.  I am very proud of all three of the kids. 
Monday night was also the first round of district basketball games for the varsity boys.  Newaygo played Fremont again and what a match up it was set to be.  However Fremont not only kicked Newaygo out of the district running, but on Friday they won their tird game for the week and the right to be called District Champs.  If Newaygo was not going to win it I wanted it to be Fremont as they were the other team that played in our game so overall Varsity ball ended not to shabby!
My sister also got married on Monday.  It was a shotgun wedding, but she is happy.  So I now have a brother-in-law and a new nephew.  My family grew and I did not have to have another baby to do it.  Monday was tremendously busy!! 
Friday I picked up the kids from GP's and my sister and her husband took us out to dinner at the local chinese restaurant.  After dinner I took the kids to the movies and we seen "Rango".  It was a cute movie, but I have never heard the word hell so many times in a two hour period.  If it were not for the words hell and dam being said it was a great movie, but had I of known this before we went to watch it we would not have went and seen it.  Not to mention I paid $5 for Jayde to not even watch half the movie as she fell asleep causing the poor highschool girl behind us to start laughing so hard that she had to bury her head in her jacket.
Michigan weather is always a mystery to me.  The weather here is still not sure if it wants to be warm or cold and so we are in that limbo where we are all sure that spring is on its way.  Despite the weather I took a walk outside today for a few minutes to try and get a clear head.  It didn't work!  My head is still foggy!  That's all I have to say about that.
Well I was right that the amount of time I would be able to see Phil this week would be limited and it was.  I took him out to dinner Tuesday night and now this evening when we seen eachother has been all the time we have been able to spare this week.  So we watched the Michigan State/Penn State game today.  Boy was that disappointing.  I really thought that they would win.  We went out to dinner and now he's sitting on the other side of the couch and we are watching Encino Man.....Hopefully church tomorrow and lunch with my grandma.....Yes life is fitting together nicely in my little piece of the world.....
So this week as every other week I did think of Ethin.  I can never help think that everything that makes me happy right now I would not have if Ethin were here.....And as much as I love some of the things/people in my life I would give it all up to have Ethin back.  Someone close to me lost a brother this week and she told me how his son keeps talking about Heaven as though it is a place that he can go and visit.  Wouldn't that be nice if Heaven were a place we could just take a vacation too for a weekend?  Which led me to write this poem please enjoy and I will write on Monday for the Meet Me Monday.....Please give me your questions!!!
Love and Blessings,
Jessica


I wish that Heaven wasn't quite so far away
For I would love to come for a weekend stay
I would love to come and have a holiday with you
If my thinking is right I know you'd love to see me too
Just to stay a few days and linger in your light
Fall asleep together listening to your breath through the night
To hold you in my arms or have you walk and hold my hand
Walk along the beach with you our toes in the warm sand
I'd love to see your smile and here your laughter fill the air
Talk to you and have you tell me about your life there
For as much as I wish that Heaven were a place that I could come for a night or two
This could never be as one more night would never be enough with you
So while Heaven is not a place I can share with you today
God has a place for me up there and I promise when I get there we'll play
Jessica Twigg
3-12-11

No comments: