Monday, March 29, 2010

Meet Me Mondays

So this is the first Meet Me Monday as I just started to get a few questions.  So here is this weeks question then I will be back to blog life after today!

How Did You Come Up With Your Kids Names and Why is Ethin Not a J Name?
My kids in order of oldest to youngest with their first and middle name/s
Jessa Danyelle
Jonathin Mikeal 
Jayde Daylin Makenzy 
Ethin RaiLuc
So my first three children are from my marriage.  Jessa, Jonathin, and Jayde are all with my ex-husband whose name is Jon.  So there we were two J's having a baby we decided we would use a j name on that child.  When I was born my parents wanted to name me Jessa, but somehow things got messed up on the birth certificate and I was given the name Jessica.  So when I found out I was pregnant I said if it's a girl I want to name her Jessa.  At this time her dad said if it is a girl give her my initials(JDM) and a boy your initials(JMM).  Next came the middle name and I said well let's name her after all her Uncle Dan's whose names were all really Daniel.  Therefore we decided on Danielle, but that was to much a common spelling for me.  So I played with it and came up with Danyelle.  Now if it was a boy we decided on Jonathon so he would have a part of his dad's name in his name.  His middle name was easy and he is named after my biological dad Michael, but that was to common spelling for me so I cam up with Mikeal.  The way I spelled his first name was also common and if pronounced how it sounded should have an I rather than an O so I spelled it Jonathin.
So my first was a girl and she received the name I had picked out Jessa Danyelle
When I found out I was pregnant again we picked out Mishell Nickole for a girl so that in the event it was a little girl we would have a little MnM and kept our previous unused boys name Jonathin Mikeal.  Thank goodness it was a boy and there was Jonathin Mikeal.
Jayde's name carried the most controversy in the house.  Her dad wanted to use the MnM thing and I really did not like it or want it.  So I told him to pick out a J name for a girl he liked he said Jayde I said Jayden he wanted Jayde Daylin and I wanted Jayden Makenzy.  We knew she was agirl form the start and so no boys name was ever considered.  When I had her we still had not agreed so against my ex-husbands wishes I named her Jayde Daylin Makenzy.  LOL poor girl her name is very long with the last name added to it!
First Ethin is not a J name, because I did the J name thing with my ex husband and Ethin was not his and I kind of did not want to name him with a J name however I did think maybe the other kids would want him to be like them.  So what I did was I found 4 biblical names I really liked and asked the kids which one they liked the best: Their was Ethan, Ezekiel, Jonah, and Job.  The kids all wanted Ethan.  I was totally OK with that but knew that I would spell it with an I getting Ethin and it made his name similar to Jonathin's.  Next came his middle name.  Before I knew it was a boy my friend Rai said if it was a girl I should name it after her and I said OK if it is a girl her name will be Margaret Rai.  Well Rai's hubby wanted in on that and said in his very french canadian accent if it was a boy I should name it after him.  I liked the named Luc anc though perfect Ethin Luc James.  Well before I knew it I outgrew James all together and really still like Rai so I combined the two of them into one just not putting spaces between the two RaiLuc.  I loved it and so his name is Ethin RaiLuc!

Next question came from another bereaved parent.

Will You Have More Kids and if So Will you Reuse your Son's name?
I would like to think that yes someday I would like to have another child.  In order for that to happen I would need God to put a good man in my life that I would marry.  As for reusing Ethin's name yes and no.  Ethin's name is his, but I would if I had another child split up his middle name and use that as a way of honoring Ethin.  I named my oldest two children after people as a way to honor uncles and my father.  So as a way to honor Ethin if I had another girl her name would be Margaret Rai and if I had a boy his name would be Nathin Luc.  Having more kids for me is a hope if everything was right, however I do not plan on doing this anytime soon.  



If anyone has a question they would like to ask for Meet Me Mondays please email me at chdhlhs09@yahoo.com   I love being able to answer them and and allows me to write about other things that are not just my grief and the things that are going on.  

Blessings,
Jessica

1 comment:

Stefenie said...

This was a great update Jess! I enjoyed learning about where your children's names came from.

It was nice getting to chat with you. We'll for sure have to chat again next week!