Thursday, October 29, 2009

Life with Lemons

January 9, 2010

VFW Hall
9075 Mason Dr
Newaygo, MI 49337

Doors will open at 4:30pm
A welcome will happen at 5:30pm
Dinner immediately following the welcome 6pm-7pm eat dinner
7pm introduction and about the event
715pm introduction of a speaker
745 faces of CHD video
8pm a formal waltz in memory of Ethin Twigg
805pm a thank you and enjoy the rest of our evening dancing

Dinner will be donated and catered by CSK Catering. There will be things to drink with a tip jug donation.
There will be a silent auction and dancing after the thank you
Tickets are $75 for one or $125 for two please make checks payable for the tickets to Jessica Twigg and in the memo line write Heart Ball
This is a black tie event so dig out your tuxes and formal gowns for a great cause that will help the Hearts of many!!!
All proceeds from this event will be donated to the University of Michigan Mott's Children's Hospital Congenital Heart Center in Memory of Ethin RaiLuc Twigg 1/9/09-6/27/09
R.S.V.P. to Jessica Twigg
513 Sunset Dr.
Newaygo, MI 49337
chdhlhs09@yahoo.com
616-634-3029
In other news I am still in desperate need of blankets. Our Cuddles From The Heart Program in MI is off to a good start and we have about 210 so we only need about another 90. I think that this is very doable. I also think that if we get more than that would be even better as it would allow the kids and the families to really have a choice. You can mail me your new store bought or homemade blanket to Jessica Twigg 513 Sunset Dr. Newaygo, MI 49337
We will be handing these blankets out in Feb. at Mott's where Ethin spent his life. The comfort of our own blankets during his life was just enough to make the hospital feel more like our home than a hospital. The nurses liked putting them on his bed and I liked knowing there were some areas where comfort was attainable. So let's get these blankets!!!
I also still have Ethin's Bracelets. They are $2 each and I can mail them to you if you mail me the money to the above address also. All the money from these bracelets are funding the heart ball. I am also in desperate need of more pictures for my Faces of CHD video. I need pictures of people and children with CHD's emailed to me at chdhlhs09@yahoo.com with the picture I also need the name of the child and the CHD they have. I also need more CHD Angel pictures with those pictures I need their first name and last name if you wish as well as their birth date, Angel date, and CHD. Spread this around please as I am trying to make this video a good one to show at the heart ball.

Alright so needless to say after the amazing weekend I guess I deserved a not so great week; and it's only Wednesday. So I have come to realize that life will always give you lemons no matter what. However I do not want a bushel of them!!! I can not handle a half bushel, but somehow lemons continue to pour out at me. I do not even like lemons in water or tea. So what do I do about the lemons? Give them to God I have nothing else to do with them.

So Monday I went to court because my ex husband took me to court after I brought the kids back late this summer from the QFAD/Heroes Golf Outing. Court was well not good to say the least. However it could have been worse right?

Tuesday was 4 months to the day that Ethin earned his wings. So it was in general just a bad day for what it was. A lemon day...However on Tuesday I did get 18 more blankets for the Cuddles from the Heart program. This I am sure is no coincidence as I believe there are coincidences with God. I feel this was a great way to show me Ethin really is living in us still. He is still working his magic!

Wednesday I had to go back to court with my ex husband to get more time with my kids. This was a lemon day and a lemon turn out. I only get to see them two hours a week till December. Are you kidding me??? My son died in June and now I get 2 hours a week with the J Triplets? I am in no way OK with this, but I know God has a plan and I will give him these lemons too.

Then I also decided that it was a good day to carve Ethin's pumpkin and take it to the cemetery. Which I did here is a picture...

I decided that carving the word HOPE was great idea for Ethin's first Halloween. Happy Halloween Punk I love you!!!

So then I was on my home from the cemetery when I realize that Deer are not God's Peaceful creatures frolicking in the woods they are rather Suicidal Street runners sent here to give me yet another lemon. Yes folks I live in Michigan and after 26 years I hit my first deer. God you can have this lemon however I am keeping the meat!!!

Yep I loaded that dead deer into my van posed for a pic. Leslie just could not miss the photo op! At least I have some good meat for a while. However who is available to gut a deer at 9pm?? Thank you Tom Heideman for the help with that one. Then I wok up this morning and wow I think hitting that deer was more like 10 lemons......Giving them all to God.....Here is my very damaged vehicle!

Yep the drivers side of my van looks like an accordion. Then it was off to go get my deer processed. Well that is taken care of and now I am awaiting an estimate for the cost to fix my van from the suicidal deer. I am not looking forward to that. Note to self I need more than PLPD living in MI where God's creatures walk the street and run into your cars!!!!

So I woke up this morning knowing all the lemons I have got I gave them to God. I also realized that this is not the life I ordered. However when I called to put in a new order I was told that this was the life I given and there is a plan for it. Well God if your reading this I think I gave you enough lemons that maybe you could send me some lemonade???

So folks here it is Life has Lemons give them to God....Maybe eventually he will send you lemonade at least that is what I keep telling myself!

Please continue to pray for the following

Heart Ball

Delorey's Rick was admitted to the hospital last night with clots in his lungs

Pastors for a safe trip home from Israel for one and for the father of my other one

My children and I in general

I almost forgot I got this today in my email Ethin's block for the CHD quilt is done!


Blessings, Love, and Heart Hugs,



3 comments:

ALISHA EDMONDS said...

I'm sorry to hear that your not having the best of luck right now but I'm sure things will turn around for you!!! The pumpkin for Ethin looks amazing!! GREAT JOB! I also love the block for the quilt.

BEST WISHES AND GOD BLESS!
www.ryanschd.blogspot.com

Stefenie said...

Oh Jess!!! Those CRAZY deer live here in Iowa too! After 22 years of driving I hit one while I was pregnant with Wyatt...head on. Talk about scary!!! The air bags deployed and the car was filled with smoke. I was terrified! Thankfully Wyatt was unharmed...my womb safely cushioned him! Guess God gave me my lemonade right away on that day.

Praying that things work out soon! Hang in there!!

Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan
http://www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

Jess...oh, you have gotten so many lemons lately. I just know God is going to give you a LOT of Lemonade one day soon.

I LOVE Ethin's pumpkin. You did a great job with it.

Enjoy all that meat!

Big Heart Hugs and PRAYERS!
Shannon