Friday, September 18, 2009

Still Working on It!

Hello Blog Readers,
Well so now that I got this thing in a full swing of knowing how to at least post a blog I will work on trying to get pics and all that stuff. I know I have a new background coming soon thanks to Stef!!! I really would be lost without her!!! LOL
So our week was busy as always with Cheering, kids, school, Ethin stuff, and preparing for the weekend. So this weekend our family was invited to be the guests of honor for the QFAD/Heroes golf outing. Please pray that it does not rain this time. I will be speaking for a brief moment about Ethin and giving these amazing people a gift from our family I am excited. I am also nervous that I may not be able to do it. I am hoping Ethin gives me his strength and grace to get through it. And the kids are excited about staying in the hotel and seeing Sgt. JJ!!! Look out Detroit here we come from little Newaygo!!!! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!
Alright so the Heart Ball is getting there. Waiting to hear about the hall we want. An amazing Organization called Faith's Angels has hopped on board with us. Faith Goodfellow had HLHS like Ethin and passed away also. Her family started Faith's Angels to help raise money for CHD's. I am so excited to have them on board and being able to share this special event between Faith and Ethin as their birthdays are one day apart! So our celebration of Ethin's first year is also a birthday for Faith too! As soon as I have all the details I will post them hopefully within the week!!!
I have Ethin's bracelets and many of them they are still for sale $2 each all money is going to be used for the Heart Ball.
Still in need for blankets. Here is what I need. 300 blankets by Janauary 30, 2010. I need any new store bought blanket or new homemade blanket. The blankets can be the easy fleece tie ones or they can be sewn quilted ones. I need blankets for newborns to Teens. I will be handing these out to the kids at U of M during CHD Awareness week which falls during Valentines day. Mail me your blankets or donation for this project at Jessica Twigg 513 Sunset Dr. Newaygo, MI 49337 email me with any questions concerning the blankets at chdhlhs09@yahoo.com
Lastly I desperately need pictures of People and kids with CHD's for the slideshow I am putting together for the heart ball. You can email them to me with their name and defect. If you send me an angel picture I need their name defect, birthdate and angel date. Please spread the word along of this as I will be collecting these until November 30, 2009. I need as many as I can get to show the world the Faces of CHD's. chdhlhs09@yahoo.com with the need of these pictures anyone that wants may also share this carepage or my email to get them to me.

OK so as I am alive. Most of the time this has become a great answer fo rthe dreaded question how are you doing? It is a true statement without having to lie and ay I am fine when I am not. I am alive and I am breathing I think that is all anyone can ask of me. However I will share that for the first time since Ethin passed away I laughed. I mean I really laughed to the point of my belly hurt and my cheeks still hurt to smile from laughing last night. My friends took me to the local comedy show that was held in Newaygo and we all had fun. When I was laughing I pictured in my head Ethin being happy and laughing at me laughing. Then today I have been in a better mood, but right back to the gloom of life without my son. How does this happen? I am not sure, but one thing I am sure of is God has a plan for this and I am trying to just allow that plan to work in full swing. I prayed too. Weird after almost 3 months on a brink with God, but I am turning around and running back to him, OK maybe not running but in a slow meander; its really all I know that I should do now. Ethin's life is in me and the J Triplets how can I not let that be? So here we go adventures and all finding the truth and reason for things knowing God's plan for Ethin is not done and that it is to TOUCH LIVES!!! I am sure of this even when I am so unsure of everything else. He touched so many lives when he was here and he is still doing it now that he is in us.
Please pray for a safe trip for my family as we venture to Detroit. With much love, Jessica

4 comments:

traxfam said...

Hope you and the kids have a great time in Detroit and that you have nothing but blue skies above.

Stefenie said...

Hey Jess! I'm still plugging away at adding things to your blog.

Hope you have a wonderful trip with your family!

I am glad that you are finding your way back to God and finding peace. It is OK to laugh Jess. Ethin would want you to smile, laugh and enjoy life...treasuring all of the wonderful GOOD times you shared together!

{{{HUG}}}

Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

philphan said...

Hi Jessica,i hope your family has a wonderful time & i know you will do fine with speaking about your precious son.i am so glad to hear of you laughing,i know it is hard because when i lost my sweet Amanda Faith it took me a long time also.the thing with me is i live each day with thoughts that i killed my baby,she wasn't sick i was.i had her 2 weeks from her due date when i had a spleenic anursym that burst.she was born sleeping a beautiful little angel.i have a memorial site for her maybe sometime you can go visit.www.myangelamandafaith.virtual-memorials.com or go to virtual-memorials.com & put amanda forrest in the search bar & click on her pic.take care & i will visit soon.btw the blog looks great.drema

Stephanie said...

Hi Jessica,

Love the new blog..
I look forward to following your journey here. Thinking of you always...


~Stephanie and Braeden

http://braedensheartjourney.blogspot.com/