Sunday, September 26, 2010

No title today

2nd Annual Ethin’s Heart Still Beats Heart Ball
Saturday January 8, 2011
VFW Hall
9075 Mason Dr
Newaygo, MI 49337

Doors will open at 5pm
A welcome will happen at 5:30pm
Dinner immediately following the welcome 6pm-7pm eat dinner
7pm Auction
745pm introduction of a speaker
8pm Guest Speaker

Tickets are $30 for one or $50 for two.  Tickets include a four course dinner, open bar, auction bidding paddle, and your night of knowing that Ethin’s Heart Still Beats…..”It Beats in us”


A list of Auction items and a full program will be up as we continue to fill in the details for the ball as well as an announcement of the theme for the night.  Last year was "HOPE" this year is still available for ideas.   If you have any submit them here.
If you have any questions or would like to make arrangements for reserving tickets please email Jessica Twigg founder of Ethin's Heart Still Beats at chdhlhs09@yahoo.com



Also my work Wendy's of Newaygo is a donation site for Cuddles From the Heart!!!!  How amazing to know that my bosses and coworkers believe in what we do!!!  So stop by and see me at work and bring in your blanket!!!
Cuddles From the Heart MI is starting to collect blankets for newborn through teenagers!  We give out the blankets in December and we would like to have 500 by then.  We are a bit slow in starting to ask for them as last year we began asking for them at the end of July and it is now mid August. 

Cuddles From the Heart (CFH) started two years ago in Iowa by heart mom Stefanie Jacks.  Last year she opened it up for any state to do.  In June I told her I would like to do it for MI and after Ethin passed away later that month I still said that I wanted to do it!  I am so glad that I did!  It was rewarding and amazing to see how much people truly care about others!  So here we are this year hoping to do the same thing.  Our goal last year was 500 and we did just over that.  Same goal this year 500!!!  We can do this!! 

What we need is new homemade or store bought blankets ranging from newborn to teenagers for boys and girls to give out at U of M Mott Children’s Hospital in December.  The blankets are a very comforting thing to many families while they are in there and sometimes just one blanket can make the hospital feel a little less like the hospital.  Ethin’s Heart Still Beats board members are all ready to go to Ann Arbor in December and as a board we decided that we want to do this so you can mail your blankets to
E.H.S.B
9172 S. Croswell Ave.
Newaygo, MI 49337
If you have any questions you can email me at chdhlhs09@yahoo.com


So in other news......
 The girls started soccer last week!!  I am coaching Jessa and Jayde's teams this year!  What a handful!  I have the best teams and kids though.  My parents are great to work with and I truly love coaching and both girls are happy I am coaching them.  I will get pics up when I get some.  Always hard to coach and take pictures though!  LOL
  Well my echo came back normal!!  My tilt table test was negative.  I go back to the card in November.  Until then no need to worry as that will not change anything so I am just giving it to God and letting him handle it.
  Life is so busy here I am currently applying for the local fire dept., working, doing the EHSB stuff, and coaching soccer!  God has truly blessed my life and for that I am thankful.  However even as busy as I am I have been thinking about Ethin more than usual.
  So many things right now remind me of him and how much I miss him.  I so badly wish he was here.  I keep wondering what life would be like if he were here.  And when I am lying in my bed at night I can not help but think that I should have a crib in my room for him.  Sometimes it is so hard for me to always see the good.  I had a very angry moment last week and it scared me and then I just broke down crying.  I apparently am truly starting to grieve for Ethin.  A part of me did not want to do this and then there is a part of me that so badly needs to.  For the 15 months I have truly avoided it and now I am facing it and I am terrified and I cry again so much.
Blessings,
  Jessica

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must digg your article therefore more folks can look at it, really useful, I had a tough time finding the results searching on the web, thanks.

- Murk